Learn the role of different types of auditing to ensure the integrity and capability of business management systems and be able to plan and conduct an effective internal quality audit.
Recommended learning hours: 40
Unit aim: To understand the role of different types of auditing to ensure the integrity and capability of business management systems and be able to plan and conduct an effective internal quality audit.
Assessment type: Examination
- Understand the purpose of first, second and third party auditing
- Understand the role of audit and its importance in an organisation's management system
- Understand the content of standards for auditing practice.
Every successful candidate can at the end of this unit:
- Describe the different aspects of first, second and third party auditing
- Explain the audit process
- Describe the management of audit findings
- Explain how the results of audits are used in the management review process
- Explain the principles contained in standards for auditing
- Prepare and conduct a simulated internal audit and report.
- The auditing process
- Auditing as a business activity
- First, second and third party auditing
- Audit criteria as the basis for auditing
- The audit role in continual improvement
- Different approaches to auditing related to the size and scale of the organisation
- Roles and responsibilities in the audit process
- Audit findings and their contribution to managing business risks.
- Methods and techniques for auditing
- The use of IT in the auditing process
- Different types of audit data.
- Auditing-related standards
- The requirements of ISO 19011
- The purpose and intent of ISO 17021, CMMI, and SPICE/ISO 15504.