CQI and IRCA Certified Energy Management Systems Auditor Training courses will equip you with the knowledge and skills to assess organisations' energy management systems.
This course covers the purpose of an energy management system, of energy management systems standards, of management system audit and of third-party certification. It teaches you the skills to conduct and report an audit of an energy management system to establish conformance (or otherwise) against ISO 50001 and in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO 17021 where appropriate).
This course also includes a 1-hour 40-minute written examination.
Who is it for?
This course is for those intending to acquire the competence to audit a whole ISO 50001-based energy management system, either as a third or second-party auditor and who already have auditing competence. For those who have already completed a lead auditor course in another discipline, this course meets the training requirement for IRCA certification for all grades of EnMS auditor.
Recommended prior knowledge
- Knowledge of ISO 19011 through completion of a Lead Auditor course in another management systems discipline
- Knowledge of ISO 50001
- Energy management principles:
- the principles of fuel combustion, heat transfer and energy flow
- the relevant sources of energy regulation, guidelines and standards
- the typical methods and technologies for increasing efficiency
- energy measurement units, sources, costs, tariffs and scheduling
- energy use data analysis methods
- energy baselines, energy targets, performance indicators, monitoring and performance measurement
- the impact of organisational processes and equipment on energy efficiency
- electricity use: motors, drives, lighting, computers