This course covers the purpose of an energy management system, energy management systems standards and management systems audits.
It also explores the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up a partial energy management system in accordance with ISO 19011. It provides the skills to plan, conduct, report and follow up a partial audit of an energy management system to establish conformance (or otherwise) against ISO 50001 and in accordance with ISO 19011.
Who is it for?
This course is for those intending to acquire the competence to conduct audits of an ISO 50001-based energy management system as an internal auditor. This course meets part of the training requirement for IRCA certification as an internal EnMS auditor. You will need to have first completed a CQI and IRCA Certified EnMS Foundation course if you do not have knowledge of ISO 50001.
Recommended prior knowledge
- Knowledge of ISO 50001
- The principles of fuel combustion, heat transfer and energy flow
- The relevant sources of energy regulation, guidelines and standards
- The typical methods and technologies for increasing efficiency
- Energy measurement units, sources, costs, tariffs and scheduling
- Energy use data analysis methods
- Energy baselines, energy targets, performance indicators, monitoring and performance measurement
- The impact of organisational processes and equipment on energy efficiency
- Electricity use: motors, drives, lighting, computers