CQI and IRCA Certified Energy Management Systems Auditor Training courses will equip you with the knowledge and skills to assess organisations' energy management systems.
This course covers the interrelationship between management responsibility, energy policy, energy planning, implementation of policy, checking performance, management review and continual improvement. It also explains the terminology defined in the standard ISO 50001.
Who is it for?
This course is for those requiring an introduction to ISO 50001, especially those involved in the design, implementation and management of an EnMS. This course meets part of the training requirement for IRCA certification as an Internal EnMS Auditor - you will need to complete this course before the Internal EnMS Auditor course if you intend to become a Certificated Internal EnMS Auditor.
Recommended prior knowledge
- The Plan-Do-Check-Act and management systems framework
- Energy management principles:
- Principles of fuel combustion, heat transfer and energy flow
- Relevant sources of energy regulation, guidelines and standards
- Typical methods and technologies for increasing efficiency
- Energy measurement units, sources, costs, tariffs and scheduling
- Energy use data analysis methods
- Energy baselines, energy targets, performance indicators, monitoring and performance measurement
- The impact of organisational processes and equipment on energy efficiency
- Electricity use: motors, drives, lighting, computers.