Published: 22 Nov 2017
We are delighted to announce the winners of the inaugural International Quality Awards, in association with our proud partner DNV GL.
The awards spanned across six categories, recognising the contribution of quality professionals across the globe. Entries were received from over 30 countries, including Canada, Germany, India, Egypt, Kuwait and the United Arab Emirates.
Vince Desmond, Chief Executive, CQI said, “The awards ceremony was a wonderful celebration of the ongoing work being undertaken to enhance the quality profession, while also an opportunity to learn important lessons from our peers who are leading the way. We are delighted with the caliber of winners from our inaugural awards ceremony and are eager to begin preparations for a bigger and better 2018 International Quality Awards.”
Congratulations to the 2017 winners – they are…
1. Quality Professional of the Year Award (in association with proud partner E-Squared) – recognising the quality professional who has contributed most to their organisation
John Feltham, Portsmouth International Port, United Kingdom
For his work in quality management systems and focus on corporate governance, social responsibility and compliance.
2. Emerging Talent Award (in association with proud partner Tideway) – recognising the younger quality professional
Charlotte Laverty, Alan Auld Engineering, United Kingdom
For her lead role in managing the Quality Management Systems at Alan Auld Engineering.
3. Leadership Award (in association with proud partner Leonardo) – recognising a senior manager who has contributed most to their organisation in terms of establishing a culture of quality
John Holland, Jaguar Land Rover Automotive plc, United Kingdom
For his work in business and process performance improvement for JLR’s corporate global integrated management system.
4. Quality Team of the Year Award (in association with proud partner Catalyst Consulting) – recognising a team of quality professionals who have contributed most to their organisation
Al Zahra Hospital Dubai, United Arab Emirates (Entered by Mervat Mansour)
For their evidence-based high-quality services that lead the quality and patient safety journey at Al Zahra Hospital.
Banaskantha District Cooperative Milk Producers’ Union Ltd, India (Entered by Bipin Patel)
For their work in ensuring a quality product to their consumers, while managing more than 350 thousand farmers.
5. Quality Professional in a New Project Award (in association with proud partner Jaguar Land Rover) – recognising the quality professional who has contributed most to their organisation with a quality system established from scratch in a project environment
Yele Odofin-Belo, ATCO Two Rivers Lodging Group Limited Partnership, Canada
For his work at ATCO in leading and consulting on policy development, organisational restructuring and risk management.
6. CQI Honorary Award – (in association with proud partner Shirley Parsons & Associates) - recognising the quality professional who has moved the profession forward over a number of years (this is an honorary award and therefore not open to entries)
John Oakland, Oakland Consulting, United Kingdom
For his ongoing work in quality and operational excellence.
Andrew Wolstenholme, Crossrail, United Kingdom
For his ongoing work in quality in the construction industry.