The CQI is committed to promoting the quality profession and helping you do your job better. Here's what CQI members get out of membership.
Membership improves our individual credibility, as well as that of the profession”
The Chartered Quality Institute (CQI) is the only chartered body in the world that’s dedicated to quality management.
Joining the CQI makes you part of a unique network of thousands of professionals working in quality management. Becoming a member of the CQI gives you opportunities for learning, development and networking, as well as unrivalled recognition – showing your colleagues and employers that you're serious about your profession and committed to developing your expertise.
For employers, having CQI members on your staff shows you take quality seriously, and helps you get the most out of your staff. Our unique Competency Framework helps professionals map out their career development, and our training and information resources make sure they never ever stop learning.
- Show you're serious about quality. Get the power of the only chartered body dedicated to quality management behind you, demonstrating your competence and commitment to quality.
- Use the letters CQP MCQI after your name. Chartered Quality Professional (members at the grade of CQP – Member or Fellow) can use these exclusive post-nominal letters on correspondence and business cards.
- Stay up to date, with our leading quality management magazine every month. You'll receive a hard copy of Quality World monthly and access to an online version.
- Get access to our exclusive e-library, which provides access to thousands of journals, magazines and industry publications.
- Access to valuable research and reports. CQI members get free access to our latest reports such as ISO 45001:2018 and ISO 19011:2018.
- Receive regular e-newsletters delivering up-to-date, in-depth content direct to your inbox.
- Develop your knowledge and skills with CQI Mentoring. Our mentoring programme is designed to match less experienced with more experienced members. Whether you want to become a mentor, mentee, or both, it's a great two-way learning process.
- Plan and track your CPD. Our structured continuing professional development (CPD) scheme helps you develop your career skills.
- Use the CQI’s unique Competency Framework. It's a rigorous and established way to plan your career and set out how you add value to your business.
- Collaborate with your peers on Quality Connect. Our member-only platform is a space for all CQI and IRCA members to discuss topics, share experiences and virtually network across industry and location.
- Connect with your local quality community. The CQI has a network of 30 UK local branches and three international branches, which put on regular events.
- Get to know other experts. Join one of our Special Interest Groups (SIGs) to learn from peers and share best practice.
- Discuss the hottest quality issues with 10,000 other quality professionals in our CQI members’ LinkedIn group.
Who is membership for?
The CQI offers membership options tailored for both generalists and specialists working in a variety of quality-related functions in the areas of operational governance, business assurance and improvement, such as:
- Quality assurance and control
- Quality management systems
- Validation and compliance
- Business strategy and leadership
- Product and service management
- Project management
- Risk management
- Health, safety, environment and quality
- Supply chains and partnerships
- Business analysis and improvement
- Process improvement (including Six Sigma practitioners)