24 hours (indicative)
This course provides delegates with the knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third-party audits of energy management systems against ISO 50001 or equivalent, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO 17021, as applicable. This course includes a 1-hour 40-minute written examination.
Who is it for?
This course is for auditors with competence in another process-based management system (eg QMS or EMS) who want to acquire the skills and knowledge to audit against ISO 50001 or equivalent. For those who have already completed Lead Auditor training in another discipline, this course meets the training requirement for certification as an Auditor on IRCA's EnMS Scheme.
Recommended prior knowledge: FD130: ISO 50001:2018 Foundation (EnMS)
- Knowledge of ISO 50001
- The principles of fuel combustion, heat transfer and energy flow
- The relevant sources of energy regulation, guidelines and standards
- The typical methods and technologies for increasing efficiency
- Energy measurement units, sources, costs, tariffs and scheduling
- Energy use data analysis methods
- Energy baselines, energy targets, performance indicators, monitoring and performance measurement
- The impact of organisational processes and equipment on energy efficiency
- Electricity use: motors, drives, lighting, computers
Find this course
Search our database of global Approved Training Partners to find this course in a location near you.
Take the training quiz
If your not sure which course or level is right for you, take the training quiz and find out.