This course provides delegates who have an existing, basic knowledge of, or experience in, energy management with an understanding of the management systems approach and the requirements of ISO 50001, and to provide a basis for delegates who wish to go on to complete CQI and IRCA Certified EnMS Auditor Training courses.
Who is it for?
This course is for those requiring an introduction to ISO 50001, especially those involved in the design, implementation and management of an EnMS. Successful completion of this course is required for certification as an Internal Auditor on IRCA's EnMS Auditor Certification scheme.
Recommended prior knowledge
- Knowledge of ISO 50001
- The principles of fuel combustion, heat transfer and energy flow
- The relevant sources of energy regulation, guidelines and standards
- The typical methods and technologies for increasing efficiency
- Energy measurement units, sources, costs, tariffs and scheduling
- Energy use data analysis methods
- Energy baselines, energy targets, performance indicators, monitoring and performance measurement
- The impact of organisational processes and equipment on energy efficiency
- Electricity use: motors, drives, lighting, computers