This course provides delegates with the knowledge and skills required to perform an internal audit of part of an energy management system based on ISO 50001 and report on the effective implementation and maintenance of the management system in accordance with ISO 19011.
Who is it for?
This course is for those who audit an organisation's processes as part of the internal audit programme. If you successfully complete this ISO 50001:2018 Internal Auditor (EnMS) course will satisfy part of the training requirements for initial certification as an IRCA Certificated EnMS Internal Auditor. In addition to this course, you will need to also complete a CQI and IRCA Certified ISO 50001:2018 Foundation (EnMS) Training course to meet the full training requirements for initial certification as an IRCA Certificated EnMS Internal Auditor.
Recommended prior knowledge: FD130: ISO 50001:2018 Foundation (EnMS)
- Knowledge of ISO 50001
- The principles of fuel combustion, heat transfer and energy flow
- The relevant sources of energy regulation, guidelines and standards
- The typical methods and technologies for increasing efficiency
- Energy measurement units, sources, costs, tariffs and scheduling
- Energy use data analysis methods
- Energy baselines, energy targets, performance indicators, monitoring and performance measurement
- The impact of organisational processes and equipment on energy efficiency
- Electricity use: motors, drives, lighting, computers