This course aims to provide learners who have an existing, basic knowledge of, or experience in, information security management with an understanding of the management systems approach and the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001, and to provide a basis for learners who wish to go on to complete CQI and IRCA Certified ISMS Auditor Training courses.
Who is it for?
This course is for those requiring an introduction to ISO/IEC 27001, especially those involved in the design, implementation and management of an ISMS.
1. Explain the purpose and business benefits of an information security management system
2. Outline the structure and content of ISO/IEC 27001 and its relationship with ISO/IEC 27000 and ISO/IEC 27002
3. Explain the specific information security management-related requirements of ISO/IEC 27001.
Recommended Prior Knowledge:
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
Information security management
- A basic knowledge of the concepts of information security management ISO/IEC 27000
- An understanding of commonly used information security management terms and definitions, as given in ISO/IEC 27000
Learners must demonstrate achievement of the learning and enabling objectives in accordance with the ATP’s defined learning evaluation methods and the CQI’s assessment requirements.
Find this course
Search our database of global Approved Training Partners to find this course in a location near you.
Find this course
Search our database of global Approved Training Partners for this course in a location near you.
Take the training quiz
If you're not sure which course or level is right for you, take the training quiz and find out.