ISO 45001:2018 auditor migration (OHSMS) update
ISO 45001:2018 is now the new standard for Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems. This auditor migration training will help you progress from OHSAS 18001:2007 to this ISO standard.
The 30 September 2021 migration deadline has now passed.
What happens to your OH&S certification?
We recognise that some of you may not have had a business need to migrate to the new ISO 45001:2018 before the 30 September 2021 deadline.
We will maintain your registration until you complete your migration to ISO 45001:2018. You will still be able to access our online resources and e-newsletters.
However, you will not be able to present yourself as an IRCA auditor competent to audit to ISO 45001:2018 and will not appear on the online IRCA register. Mis-representing your status would represent a breach of the CQI and IRCA Code of Conduct.
How can I migrate and reinstate my public status?
1. Option 1 - attend a CQI and IRCA certified migration training course. Upon successful completion of the course, your migration will be processed automatically.
Search for a CQI and IRCA certified migration training course in 3 simple steps
Go to the course directory to find a migration training course near you. You can also undertake this training virtually, allowing you to access it from anywhere in the world.
- Under the Select Topic heading, choose Auditing
- Under the Select Course heading, type in ISO 45001 or migration to find the course you want
- Click Search at the bottom of the page to bring up your results
Optional: Before clicking Search, you can choose Virtual Classroom under the Delivery Method heading if you would like to take part in online classroom-based training.
2. Option 2 – complete a non-IRCA certified migration course (stage 1). Assessment fee is £100.
Submit the documents below to [email protected] for review against our requirements:
- Pass certificate/certificate of achievement (certificates of attendance are not acceptable)
- Course delegate pack or pre-reading materials
- Training slides/course material
Please contact your course provider for the above material if you do not already have it.
If you are unable to obtain this information or have not completed a migration course, please move to the next option.
3. Option 3 – fill in the migration competence form (stage 2). Assessment fee is £300.
This option is suitable for you if one of the statements below apply:
- you have not completed a migration training course but believe yourself sufficiently competent
- you have completed a non-IRCA certified migration course but are unable to provide the required documentation listed above
Please download and complete the ISO 45001:2018 migration form below and send it to [email protected] along with your supporting evidence.
Should you apply via stage 1 and not meet our requirements, you will have the option to go through stage 2. You will have the opportunity to demonstrate your competence in the missing areas using the stage 2 form.
Please email us at [email protected] or call on +44 (0)207 245 6866.
Find out more about transition and migration training.
Already taken migration training?
If you have completed migration training, please email a scanned copy of your migration certificate to [email protected] and the membership team will update your record.