The IRCA Aerospace Certification Scheme is for auditors who use aerospace auditing standards AS/EN/JISQ 9100, 9110 and 9120 and ISO 9001.
To be certified under this scheme, you'll need to demonstrate that you have the skills to audit the proper implementation of standards AS/EN/JISQ 9100, 9110 and 9120 and ISO 9001.
Please note that ISO 9001:2015 has now replaced the previous version, ISO 9001:2008 and as of 1st September 2018 all applicants must demonstrate that their training meets our requirements for ISO 9001:2015 transition.
All applicants are required to demonstrate knowledge and competence in the application of aerospace requirements (see the 'Sector understanding' and 'Work experience' sections of the application form). This means services and products that have airworthiness, regulatory, legal or aerospace-specific requirements. It will not be sufficient for you to have experience of products such as seats and cabin equipment, simple fasteners, general forgings, castings, fabrications or machined parts that, while used in aerospace applications, are subject to general engineering requirements rather than the airworthiness requirements detailed below.
You should demonstrate on the form your knowledge and competence in the majority of the following aerospace industry-specific aspects of aerospace industry quality, regulatory and/or military aerospace requirements:
- First article inspection
- Airworthiness and safety requirements
- Aerospace material traceability requirements
- Aerospace subcontractor approval and control
- Variation management of key characteristics
- Flow-down of aerospace QMS requirements
- Foreign object damage/debris (FOD) prevention
- Use of customer-supplied products
- Calibration controls and positive recall systems
- Acceptance authority media
- Nonconforming material management
- Sampling inspection/statistical process control requirements and limitations
- Special processes
- Configuration management/requirements control
- Aerospace manufacturing techniques
- Tool control
- Design development verification and validation
Applying for certification
PLEASE NOTE: Following the introduction of ISO 9001:2015, all current IRCA Certificated Aerospace Auditors are required to attend IRCA Certified ISO 9001:2015 transition training by 1 September 2018 in order to maintain their certification.