Becoming a Member of the CQI and a Chartered Quality Professional is the gold standard for professionalism in quality, putting you at the same standard as other chartered professionals.
The quality profession is changing. More and more employers are demanding Chartered Quality Professionals on their projects – Crossrail for one. Only Chartered Quality Professionals can act as true business partners, positively impacting the financial bottom line, eliminating unnecessary costs and waste.
This grade is for experienced people whose main focus is on quality, including consultants. Members at this grade can use the postnominals 'CQP MCQI'. At this level, our members make a profound and positive contribution to organisations.
We assess all Chartered Quality Professional applications using the CQI Competency Framework.
Skills and experience
You are able to execute activities in each of the five competency areas. You must be able to work unsupervised in at least one of the areas of governance, assurance or improvement. You must also have proactively demonstrated leadership behaviours and shown that you can adapt your activities to the context of your business.
You have an understanding of what knowledge is required in each of the five competency areas. You can analyse and evaluate, and can adapt and apply your knowledge in most situations. View our application guidance for more information.
Membership Fees / Making a Payment
How to apply
- First, make sure you've reviewed our application guidance.
- Download and complete the application form below (if filling in the form electronically, please download the file to your computer before starting. If you complete it within an internet browser window without downloading, your progress will not be saved)
- Send your application to us by email to the address on the form, and pay your application fee. Information about fees and payment methods can be found above.
- Your application will be assessed against our criteria and we will get back to you as soon as possible to let you know the outcome of your application.
- You will be made a membership offer, and your membership will commence when you pay the first annual fee.