Becoming a Member of the CQI and a Chartered Quality Professional is the gold standard for professionalism in quality, putting you at the same standard as other chartered professionals.
The quality profession is changing. More and more employers are demanding Chartered Quality Professionals on their projects – Crossrail for one. Only Chartered Quality Professionals can act as true business partners, positively impacting the financial bottom line, eliminating unnecessary costs and waste.
This grade is for experienced people whose main focus is on quality, including consultants. Members at this grade can use the postnominals 'CQP MCQI'. At this level, our members make a profound and positive contribution to organisations.
We assess all Chartered Quality Professional applications using the CQI Competency Framework.
Skills and experience
You are able to execute activities in each of the five competency areas. You must be able to work unsupervised in at least one of the areas of governance, assurance or improvement. You must also have proactively demonstrated leadership behaviours and shown that you can adapt your activities to the context of your business.
You have an understanding of what knowledge is required in each of the five competency areas. You can analyse and evaluate, and can adapt and apply your knowledge in most situations. View our application guidance for more information.
Membership Fees / Making a Payment
How to apply
- First, make sure you've reviewed our application guidance.
- Download and complete the application form below (if filling in the form electronically, please download the file to your computer before starting. If you complete it within an internet browser window without downloading, your progress will not be saved)
- Pay the application fee and annual membership fee (see below for details of our fees and ways to pay)
- Send it to us, together with payment, by email or post to the address on the form. We'll get back to you as soon as possible to let you know when your application will be assessed. Our assessment panel meets every five weeks.
- Applicants may then be invited for an interview. If you prefer a one-stage process, we recommend applying for Practitioner (PCQI) grade first, and then upgrading your membership once you have started receiving your membership benefits.
- Members at this grade are required to record their continuing professional development (CPD).