Practitioner (PCQI) membership is for those dealing with quality as part of a wider remit or specialising in particular aspects of quality such as inspection, quality assurance or auditing.
Members at this grade will gain recognition and credibility across their organisations for the skilled work they do in improving their quality functions' ability to contribute to the bottom line and the brand. They can use the letters PCQI after their name on correspondence and business cards.
To be eligible to join at this grade you must meet both the work experience and the training/qualifications criteria.
You must have a minimum of two years’ work experience in any aspect of quality, shown by the submission of a CV/resumé.
You must have successfully completed a total of 30-hours' quality-related training or qualification(s) which must be made up of courses that are 2 days+ in duration.
Acceptable training could include:
- CQI/IRCA certified training
- Relevant degree modules
- Formal in-house training programmes
- Any other combination of recognised training that exceeds the 30 hour requirement.
We may accept 1-day courses as part of your 30-hour total, however we'll need evidence that training was conducted in a planned, structured manner with clear enabling objectives & learning outcomes. This training must relate to topics within the CQI Competency Framework and must also be evidenced by a certificate of completion or written verification by a manager.
If you have questions about what training we can accept as evidence of your quality knowledge, please contact our membership team, who will be happy to help.
Not completed any of the above training?
Why not look through our CQI and IRCA certified training courses.
Use our Find a Course function if you know the type of training you wish to attend or contact our training team for more advice if you need to on: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
- Download and complete the application form below (if filling in the form electronically, please download the file to your computer before starting. If you complete it within a browser window without downloading, your progress will not be saved)
- Pay the application fee and annual membership fee (see details of our fees and ways to pay)
- Send it to us, together with payment, your CV and evidence of your qualification, by email or post to the address on the form. We'll get back to you as soon as possible to let you know when your application will be assessed.
Not sure which grade to apply for?
Try our handy Grade Quiz and one of our advisers will be in touch to discuss your results.