This course provides the practical skills to manage the early phases of the product/service lifecycle and work with teams to deploy an integrated project based approach to product/service quality planning and risk management, in order to meet customer and stakeholder requirements.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for those who are practising in quality and aspire towards middle management.
Indicative course content
- Benefits of product and service planning:
- Principles of PDCA
- Relationship between PDCA and product/service planning
- Standards for Quality Planning (ISO 31000, ISO 10005)
- Translating customer/stakeholder and other requirements into functional product and service requirements:
- Review of Creating Customer Excellence (voice of the customer)
- Understanding how to establish legal, compliance, regulatory, societal and standards-related requirements
- Quality function deployment overview
- Building the House of Quality
- Generating the ‘waterfall’ of matrices
- Managing projects (overview):
- Key principles and roles
- Project charters
- Milestone planning
- Business case
- Development of timing plans
- Monitoring projects
- Key requirements of ISO 9001:2015 (Sections 8.2 – 8.6) for product/service design and development.
- Managing products and services through quality planning phases:
- Overview of Design for Six Sigma project methodology of Define, Measure, Analyse, Design, and Verify
- Stage-gate reviews
- Design verification
- Product/service validation
- Key tools: Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, control plan, capability
- Managing external provider/supplier development
- Managing project and product/service risks:
- Risk assessment tools: risk register.
- Risk evaluation tools: risk matrix.
- Product/service risk analysis tools: Fault Tree Analysis, Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis.
- Managing scope.
- Budgets and financial planning.
- Risk response techniques.
- Integration into quality planning methodologies and project stages.
This course includes a one-hour multiple choice examination.
Click on the links below to view the related courses at foundation and professional level.
Are you a training provider interested in running this course? Contact us for a course specification.