This course provides awareness of the fundamental tools, techniques and structured methodologies for risk management across a broad range of organisational contexts and the capability to participate as a member of a team in the application of the key tools.
Who is it for?
Foundation courses are designed specifically for individuals who are new to quality, or who work in other functions or professions.
Indicative course content
- Introduction to risk and its importance in organisational leadership and ISO 9001 including legal aspects, regulatory, corporate governance, social responsibility, sustainability and organisational prosperity
- Types of organisational risk including external influences and benefits of addressing them
- Awareness of ISO 31000 and risk management principles, framework and lifecycle process
- Roles in risk management
- Overview of methods for risk identification and typical tools such as idea generation
- Overview of analysis tools such as risk register, risk matrix, PDPC, FTA, FMEA
- Overview of risk response and typical tools such as mistake proofing (Poka-yoke)
Once you have completed this course, you may like to progress to the next level. Click on the links below to view the related courses at practitioner and professional level.
Are you a training provider interested in running this course? Contact us for a course specification.