This course provides leadership skills in the application of risk management within the context of an enterprise/organisation and provides delegates with the capability of coaching top management teams in the deployment of a system approach to the leadership of risk management.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for those who are currently practicing quality and are in, or aspire to leadership or senior management roles.
Indicative course content
- Development and design of enterprise risk management policy, strategy and architecture:
- Role of the board and other key stakeholders
- Strategic and operational risk strategies and policies
- Risk tolerance and appetite
- Relationship to other standards, such as ISO 31000, ISO 14001, BS OHSAS 18001 (ISO 45001 when available), ISO 22301 and ISO 27001
- Resources, roles and responsibilities
- Ownership and human behaviour
- Integration into existing governance structures
- Holistic view of organisational capabilities
- Obstacles to success
- Understanding of specific risk groupings and their impact on strategic goals:
- Country, sector and industry risks
- Supply chain
- Project/organisational change
- Emerging risks and ‘unknown knowns/unknowns’ – resilience
- Risk assessment and treatment (mitigation) techniques:
- Risks and risk velocity – risk classification
- Frameworks – risk registers and matrices
- Identification techniques
- Mitigation techniques
- Audit (internal and external)
- Decision theory
- Limitations of data and statistical techniques
- Risk management information systems
- Risk maturity
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Become a trusted advisor organisation (soft skills):
- Relationship management
- Appreciation of the behavioural skills required to be able to engage with top management, the Board and other key stakeholders
- Communication skills and mechanisms of communication
- Collaboration and partnering
- Education, competency and skills
- Emerging risks
This course includes a two and a half hour multiple choice examination.
If you are interested in this topic but are not sure this level is right for you, click on the link below to view the related course at foundation level.
Are you a training provider interested in running this course? Contact us for a course specification.