This course develops leadership skills to apply quality planning within the context of product/service portfolio management, and facilitate top management teams in the deployment of the strategic management of products/services, quality policies and the roles required.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for those who are currently practicing quality and are in, or aspire to leadership or senior management roles.
Indicative course content
- Enterprise level product/service management:
- Product/service management as part of a management system
- Product/service portfolios, systems thinking and the extended enterprise (external stakeholders and suppliers)
- Review of processes to gather data about and flow down requirements from customers and stakeholders
- Understanding the context and environmental conditions of products and services (markets, competitors, benchmarking, technology, societal considerations)
- Managing legal, standards and regulatory compliance
- Coaching and facilitation skills to build commitment and engagement in leadership teams
- Facilitation of product/service review processes
- Product/service strategies:
- Building product portfolio strategies
- Facilitating management tools to identify opportunities with top management teams (SWOT, Boston Matrix, Market Analysis, Product Lifecycles and Prioritisation Matrices)
- Facilitation of key tools to identify potential risks in the context of strategy development (FMEA, risk register, risk matrix, cause/effect diagrams)
- Product/service quality planning
- Policy deployment (Hoshin Kanri)
- Risk management approaches (risk avoidance or elimination, risk reduction by changing the likelihood or consequences, managing risk following evaluation)
- Managing financial risk and effective business cases
- Leading and coaching quality function deployment
- Management and planning tools (new seven QC tools):
- Affinity diagram
- Interrelationship diagraph
- Systematic (tree) diagram
- Data matrix
- Arrow diagram
- Facilitation of tools with top management teams
This course includes a two and a half hour multiple choice examination.
If you are interested in this course but are not sure this level is right for you, click on the links below to view the related courses at foundation and practitioner level.
Are you a training provider interested in running this course? Contact us for a course specification.