ISO 22000:2018 has replaced ISO 22000:2005 as the new standard for Food Safety Management Systems. To maintain your IRCA auditor certification, you must update your knowledge and skills and complete transition training by 31 December 2021.
The scheme requirements for transition are:
- A module covering Annex SL
- A module covering the audit skills applicable to ISO 22000:2018
Recommended prior knowledge: An in-depth knowledge of ISO 22000:2005
Complete either Option 1 or Option 2:
- Option 1 - PT253: FSMS ISO 22000:2018 (Combined) Auditor Transition - 16 hours
This course includes both the Annex SL content and the content specific to ISO 22000:2018 as a combined programme over two days.
- Option 2 - PT254: FSMS ISO 22000:2018 (Modular) Auditor Transition – 8 hours, and PT211: Annex SL (Module 1) – 8 hours
This option has two separate modules: one for the Annex SL content and one for the ISO 22000:2018-specific content. Some approved training providers offer the two modules as separate courses, for the benefit of auditors certificated to more than one scheme who do not want to repeat the Annex SL content.
Search for a course in 3 simple steps
Go to the course directory to find a transition training course near you. You can also undertake this training virtually, allowing you to access it from anywhere in the world.
- Under the Select Topic heading, choose Auditing
- Under the Select Course heading, type in ISO 22000 or transition to find the course you want
- Click Search at the bottom of the page to bring up your results
Optional: Before clicking Search, you can choose Virtual Classroom under the Delivery Method heading if you would like to take part in online classroom-based training.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more about transition and migration training.