ISO 22000:2018 is now the new standard for Food Safety Management Systems. This auditor transition training will help you progress from FSMS 22000:2005 to this ISO standard.
The 31 December 2021 transition deadline has now passed.
What happens to your FSMS certification?
We recognise that some of you may not have had a business need to transition to the new ISO 22000:2018 before the 31 December 2021 deadline.
We will maintain your registration until you complete your transition to ISO 22000:2018. You will still be able to access our online resources and e-newsletters.
However, you will not be able to present yourself as an IRCA auditor competent to audit to ISO 22000:2018 and will not appear on the online IRCA register. Mis-representing your status would represent a breach of the CQI and IRCA Code of Conduct.
How can I transition and reinstate my public status?
1. Option 1 – attend a CQI and IRCA certified transition training course. Upon successful completion of the course, your transition will be processed automatically.
Search for a CQI and IRCA certified transition training course in 3 simple steps
Go to the course directory to find a transition training course near you. You can also undertake this training virtually, allowing you to access it from anywhere in the world.
- Under the Select Topic heading, choose Auditing
- Under the Select Course heading, type in ISO 22000 or transition to find the course you want
- Click Search at the bottom of the page to bring up your results
Optional: Before clicking Search, you can choose Virtual Classroom under the Delivery Method heading if you would like to take part in online classroom-based training.
2. Option 2 – assessment of a non-IRCA certified transition course (stage 1). If you have completed a non-IRCA certified transition course we may be able to accept it towards your transition but will first need to complete an assessment of the course against our requirements. Assessment fee is £100.
Submit the documents below to [email protected] for review against our requirements:
- Pass certificate/certificate of achievement (certificates of attendance are not acceptable)
- Course delegate pack or pre-reading materials
- Training slides/course material
Please contact your course provider for the above material if you do not already have it.
If you are unable to obtain this information or have not completed a transition course, please move to the next option.
3. Option 3 – fill in the transition competence form (stage 2). Assessment fee is £300.
This option is suitable for you if one of the statements below apply:
- you have not completed a transition training course but believe yourself sufficiently competent
- you have completed a non-IRCA certified transition course but are unable to provide the required documentation listed above
Please download and complete the ISO 22000:2018 transition form below and send it to [email protected] along with your supporting evidence.
Should you apply via stage 1 and not meet our requirements, you will have the option to go through stage 2. You will have the opportunity to demonstrate your competence in the missing areas using the stage 2 form.
Please email us at [email protected] or call on +44 (0)207 245 6866.
Find out more about transition and migration training.
Already taken transition training?
If you have completed transition training, please email a scanned copy of your transition certificate to [email protected] and the membership team will update your record.
Find your course
Search our directory of global Approved Training Partners to find the transition course best suited to you.
Find this course
Search our database of global Approved Training Partners for this course in a location near you.
Take the training quiz
If your not sure which course or level is right for you, take the training quiz and find out.