This course develops leadership skills to coach and facilitate top management teams in the development of enterprise-wide performance measurement/KPIs for strategic goals and operational process performance.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for those who are currently practicing quality and are in, or aspire to leadership or senior management roles.
Indicative course content
- Leadership of performance measurement:
- Organisations as a system and PDCA
- Review of variation, control charts and effective measures
- Mapping measures of performance to an organisational system
- Systems thinking
- Roles in performance measurement
- Coaching techniques for developing enterprise performance measures and roles
- Measurement of enterprise strategy:
- Processes for gathering data on organisation context including competitors, benchmarking, technology, legal, regulatory, societal and standards relating to the organisation
- Linking measures to strategic objectives/goals
- Strategy map
- Balanced scorecards and KPIs
- Measurement and policy deployment:
- Overview of Hoshin Kanri
- Strategic scorecards
- Review processes
- Measures for business planning and forecasting
- Measures for financial management
- Leading performance measurement in the extended enterprise:
- Managing cross-functional measures
- Measures of supply chain performance
- Facilitation of supplier/external provider measurement and reporting
- Managing multi-site performance measurement
- Leading operational performance measurement:
- Cascading measures using a process approach
- Operational scorecards
- Visual management for enterprise level measures
- Measures as drivers for continual improvement
This course includes a two and a half hour multiple choice examination.
If you are interested in this course but are not sure this level is right for you, click on the links below to view the related courses at foundation and practitioner level.
Are you a training provider interested in running this course? Contact us for a course specification.