This course provides fundamental skills for process design, standardisation, the capability to understand customer and stakeholder requirements and define standardised processes to deliver them.
Course code: FD106
Who is it for?
Foundation courses are designed specifically for individuals who are new to quality, or who work in other functions or professions.
Indicative course content
- Introduction to process thinking and its place in ISO 9001
- Tools for understanding the voice of the customer (Kano model, surveys, interviews)
- Gathering stakeholder, regulatory, legislative, compliance and standards related requirements
- A method to design/define a process
- Key tools in process definition: SIPOC, flowchart
- Defining measure of process performance (CTQ Trees and operational definition)
- Supply chains and customers in supply chains
- A method to standardise a process
- Key tools in process standardisation: for example, e.g. SOPs, Visual Aids, 5S
- Process design/definition applied in continual and step change improvement activities
Once you have completed this course, you may like to progress to the next level. Click on the links below to view the related courses at practitioner and professional level.
Are you a training provider interested in running this course? Contact us for a course specification.