24 hours (indicative)
This course provides practical skills development in the management of process operation and delegates will develop the capability of leading teams in the development of management processes and performance measures that indicate the effectiveness of operational processes.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for those who are practising in quality and aspire towards middle management.
Indicative course content
- Introduction to process management and the relationship between standardisation, performance management and continual improvement
- Roles in process management:
- Process management roles
- Behaviours for effective process and performance management
- Management techniques and tools to embed standardisation:
- Managing documentation. Construction and use of SOPs, SPLs, visual aids and workplace organisation (5S)
- Managing risk. Construction and use of risk matrix and mistake proofing
- Managing skills and resources. Skills and competency matrix
- Identification of key measures of process performance:
- Voice of the customer. Definitions and use of focus groups, face-to-face interviews, questionnaires, interviews and observation
- Types of data: qualitative, categorical, ordinal, discrete (or attributes), continuous (or variables) and the benefits/drawbacks of each
- Sampling methods: random, systematic and stratified
- Selecting key measures. Construction and use of CTQ Trees, requirements matrices, operational definition and link to the system level measures of performance against customer and stakeholder requirements
- Defining and analysing the measurement process. Performance of the measurement process with respect to bias, linearity, stability (variation), repeatability and reproducibility
- Use of the following tools for displaying/analysing data:
- Check sheets and data collection forms
- Run charts
- Control charts
- Capability analysis
- Management techniques and tools to monitor performance:
- Construction and use of visual management boards, description of associated management processes and tiered accountability
- Process confirmation
- Management techniques and tools to improve performance:
- Visual management for action planning and execution
- Visual management to monitor corrective actions
- Process review
- Role of audit
This course includes a one-hour multiple choice examination.
Find this course
Search our database of global Approved Training Partners to find this course in a location near you.
Click on the links below to view the related courses at foundation and professional level.
Register your interest in CQI and IRCA Certified Training
Register your interest and when new auditing and quality courses become available via our Approved Training Partners, we’ll let you know.
Find this course
Search our database of global Approved Training Partners for this course in a location near you.