This course develops leadership skills to apply system thinking within the context of an overall enterprise or organisation, and coach and facilitate top management teams in the development of their understanding and deployment of system leadership and the roles required.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for those who are currently practicing quality and are in, or aspire to leadership or senior management roles.
Indicative course content
- Leadership of the management system as a system and systems thinking:
- Principles of holistic thinking and mind-set for PDCA
- Systems thinking
- Mapping organisations as systems
- Supply chains
- Understanding the context of the organisation (external influences)
- Leading process management within organisations modelled on system thinking:
- The roles of the system leader, process owner, process manager and process operator
- Process deployment, measurement and continual improvement
- Overview of strategy deployment (Hoshin Kanri) and prioritisation processes
- Linking strategy and improvement programmes
- Approaches to enable definition of organisations as systems (soft skills):
- Facilitation of system mapping workshops
- Identification of process owners
- Coaching methodologies
- Influencing and building rapport with top management team members
- Managing cross-function and multi-site standardisation:
- Overview of standardisation in process deployment
- Roles of the process owner and process manager in standardisation
- Approaches to lead and manage global and local standardisation
- System and process review with global/local levels:
- A process for reviews of the system, process and continual improvement
- Typical agendas and preparation
- Collecting data for review (Voice of the Customer and other external data and internal performance data)
- Diagnostics for reviews (risk and opportunity assessment, business modelling and financial impact assessment)
- Interaction of local and global reviews
- Facilitation techniques for reviews
This course includes a two and a half hour multiple choice examination.
If you are interested in this course but are not sure this level is right for you, click on the links below to view the related courses at foundation and practitioner level.
Are you a training provider interested in running this course? Contact us for a course specification.