This course provides practical skills development in the management of change within the context of process management and improvement, the capability of leading teams in the development of their improvement approaches and the ability to facilitate the management of the associated changes.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for those who are practising in quality and aspire towards middle management.
Indicative course content
- Process management overview:
- Relationship between standardisation, performance management and continual improvement.
- Prioritisation of improvement activities and targets in line with organisational strategy and needs
- The use of data and metrics in process improvement
- Management techniques for continual improvement:
- Understanding the impact of localised process improvement on the larger organisational system
- Structure and use of a method of problem solving, such as 3C, 8D and A3
- Process review – agendas, roles and outputs
- Process waste (Lean 8 Wastes descriptions and typical examples)
- Visual management – use of visual management in identification risks, opportunities and improvements, and tracking of the resulting action plans
- Overview of improvement methodologies (approaches) and their application:
- Improvement cycles (DMAIC and PDCA)
- Total Quality Management
- Roles in change management:
- Change agent
- Key improvement techniques:
- Identification and elimination of process wastes
- Identification of causes of variation and variation reduction
- Approaches to building readiness for change: stakeholder, process owner, process manager, process operator, planning and influencing:
- Kübler-Ross change curve
- Kotter and Schlesinger resistance to change approaches
- Construction and use of a stakeholder matrix (for example, simple four box with power vs interest) and the process to identify, prioritise and develop plans for stakeholder engagement
- Effective communications and visual management:
- Communication plan/matrix
This course includes a one-hour multiple choice examination.
Click on the links below to view the related courses at foundation and professional level.
Are you a training provider interested in running this course? Contact us for a course specification.