24 hours (indicative)
This course provides practical skills development in order to effectively apply a range of tools and techniques when working with customers, stakeholders, top management and external providers/suppliers to increase their readiness to change and overcome resistance.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for those who are practising in quality and aspire towards middle management.
Indicative course content
- Stakeholder analysis and management:
- 4-box Power vs Influence
- Strategies for managing and communicating with stakeholders
- Construction and use of the stakeholder matrix (Simple 4-box with Power vs Interest) and the process to identify, prioritise and develop plans for stakeholder engagement
- Influencing styles:
- Use and application of generic influencing styles
- Influencing people
- Influencing situations
- Transactional analysis:
- Ego states
- Types of transactions
- Behavioural diagnosis
- Personal contracting:
- Review role of the consultant and description of how they work with organisations, leaders and others including contracting with stakeholders
- Engaging others and building trust and rapport:
- Questioning techniques: open/closed; reflecting; mirroring; clarifying
- Listening skills
- Body language
- The consulting process: contract; evaluate data; develop strategy; develop plan; implement plan; review.
- Increasing readiness to change (dealing with resistance):
- Readiness to change assessment: Gleicher Formula, meaning of the terms and application.
- Scott & Jaffe change curve: descriptions of the four stages.
- Kotter & Schlesinger’s six methods: descriptions of methods and typical actions to increase readiness to change.
- Scenario-based learning.
This course includes a one-hour multiple choice examination.
Find this course
Search our database of global Approved Training Partners to find this course in a location near you.
Click on the links below to view the related courses at foundation and professional level.
Register your interest in CQI and IRCA Certified Training
Register your interest and when new auditing and quality courses become available via our Approved Training Partners, we’ll let you know.