The Auditor grade is designed for anyone who has undertaken an IRCA-approved auditing course and conducted full management system audits since completing their course.
Benefits of Auditor membership
Auditors gain access to the IRCA member benefits including our resource, networking and development platforms. Benefits of the Auditor grade include:
- Professional Recognition: Our IRCA Auditors will have their name added to the IRCA register and receive the IRCA digital card and logo which will add further recognition to them in the auditing field.
- Networking: We have thousands of members across our memberships and becoming an Auditor will allow you to interact with our network through our 29 branches, 11 Special Interest Groups and our exclusive LinkedIn group.
- Resources: Our content materials including our Quality World articles and webinars online, in-depth ISO reports, and access to our E-library.
- Development tools: Our development tools including our CPD tool, mentoring platform, Profession map, Quality Careers hub, and Quality Learning hub.
For a more in-depth view of our benefits, please see our benefits page here.
These benefits will encourage and assist you to enhance your career and recognise you as an experienced Auditor.
You must have passed:
- An IRCA Certified Auditor/Lead Auditor course,
- A relevant IRCA Certified Auditor/Lead Auditor conversion course (if you are an Auditor/Lead Auditor in another scheme).
You must have successfully completed a minimum of four management system audits which:
- Cover all elements of the audit cycle
- Amount to a minimum of 20 days
- Include a minimum of 15 days on site.
Remote audits will be accepted. Please list the onsite time as the time you spent conducting the audit via remote auditing methods.
Audits must have been performed:
- After passing the relevant IRCA Certified training course
- Within 5 years of the date of your application
Some IRCA schemes have additional work experience requirements.
Information on these additional requirements can be found here.
IRCA Certification Schemes
The IRCA has 14 certification schemes covering a range of ISO standards including ISO9001, ISO45001 and ISO13485.
For a full list of certification schemes please click here.
You must have taken an IRCA-approved auditing course in the standard/s of the scheme/s you are applying for.
Apply online to join IRCA
Complete the online application form, filling in the details of your training and audits.
Pay the application fee and submit your application today.
Alternative grades, regrading and fees
If you do not meet the auditing requirements for this grade but you have completed the relevant training, did you know you can join us as an Associate Auditor?
Associate Auditors can access many of the same member benefits including their name on the IRCA register and you will be able to regrade once you have conducted the required number of audits.
You may regrade at anytime during your membership to an alternative IRCA grade. You will not need to pay an additional membership fee to regrade however a small regrade fee is due to process your application.
For all new membership applications, there are two fees to pay; a one-off application fee to process your application and an annual membership fee. The annual membership fee for IRCA covers a 12 month period (1 year). A membership fee will be due for each scheme you are registered on. For a link to the fees, please click here.
How to fill in the IRCA Audit log
Take your career to the next level and become a member.
Find your IRCA grade
Take our quiz to find out which auditor grade you may be eligible for
Have a question?
Please email us if you have any other questions about membership.
IRCA Certified Training
IRCA auditing courses are delivered globally and cover QMS, EMS, OH&S and more.