16 hours (indicative)
This course provides understanding of the fundamental tools, techniques and structured methodologies for problem solving and the capability to participate as a member of a problem-solving team in the application of the key tools to support the development of robust and sustainable solutions.
Who is it for?
Foundation courses are designed specifically for individuals who are new to quality, or who work in other functions or professions.
Indicative course content
- Problem definition, scope. (Is/Is Not, Description structures, customer/stakeholder requirements)
- Understanding how to gather data about customer requirements using focus groups, face to face interviews, questionnaires, interviews and observation
- Risk identification and key tools for risk analysis (Risk register, risk matrix, PDPC and FMEA)
- Working as a team member with the following tools:
- Tools to understand current conditions (flowcharts, check sheets, stratification, Pareto charts)
- Tools for root cause analysis (cause/effect Diagram, 5Whys)
- Solution generation (selection matrices)
- Evaluation of solutions (PDCA & risk assessment)
- Implementation of solutions (standardisation, monitoring, follow up)
Find this course
Search our database of global Approved Training Partners to find this course in a location near you.
Once you have completed this course, you may like to progress to the next level. Click on the links below to view the related courses at practitioner and professional level.
Find this course
Search our database of global Approved Training Partners for this course in a location near you.
Register your interest in CQI and IRCA Certified Training
Register your interest and when new auditing and quality courses become available via our Approved Training Partners, we’ll let you know.