This course provides the practical skills required to manage a broad range of supplier activities, the capability to assess the approaches taken by suppliers, measure performance, manage supply chain risks and encourage suppliers to take a process based approach to drive improvement.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for those who are practising in quality and aspire towards middle management.
Indicative course content
- Elements of the supply chain:
- Supply chain structures and processes
- Information flow through the supply chain
- Introduction to supply chain logistics
- Contracts, sourcing agreements and negotiation techniques
- Requirements of ISO 9001 for ‘external providers’
- Supply chain alliances:
- Benefits of a partnership approach
- Supplier development
- Supplier communication strategies (listening skills and communication styles)
- The role of the supplier in improvement activities
- Risk management in the supply chain
- Process management and the supply chain:
- Overview of process approach
- Difference between product/service assessment and process assessment
- The role of the supplier/external provider in product/service development:
- Overview of the stages on product/service quality planning
- Overview of key tools used in quality planning (project plans, checklists, process maps, FMEA, control plans, control charts, capability analysis and capacity planning)
- Measuring supplier/external provider performance:
- Supplier selection and assessment methods
- Supplier surveys
- Establishing specifications and service level agreements
- Methods for product/service approval (process and documentation reviews, certificates of conformity, inspection records, test certificates, audit)
- Performance measures, monitoring and improvement (periodic reviews, audit programmes, feedback communication processes, problem and non-conformance investigation processes and protocols)
This course includes a one-hour multiple choice examination.
Click on the links below to view the related courses at foundation and professional level.
Are you a training provider interested in running this course? Contact us for a course specification.