Find out how to become an IRCA Lead Auditor
You must have passed:
- An IRCA Certified Auditor/Lead Auditor course
- A relevant IRCA Certified Auditor/Lead Auditor conversion course (if you are an Auditor/Lead Auditor in another scheme).
You must meet the audit requirements of the Auditor grade.
In addition, you must have also:
- Conducted three full management system audits as leader of an audit team,
- That are a minimum of 15 days in total
- With a minimum of 10 days on site.
Audits must have been performed:
- After passing an IRCA Certified Training Course
- Within 5 years of date of application
Please note: while we may accept surveillance (partial system) audits for the purposes of Auditor/Lead Auditor initial certification or regrade, the onus is on you to demonstrate the depth and breath of the your skills and knowledge. Surveillance audits can help to confirm your competence but might not be considered sufficient evidence on their own.
Some IRCA schemes have additional work experience requirements.
Information on these additional requirements can be found here.