This course has been developed in partnership with the CQI’s Construction Special Interest Group (ConSig). It introduces learners to practical tools and good practice approaches to managing quality in construction at all stages of the project lifecycle.
Who is it for?
It has been developed to equip Quality Professionals working within the construction industry with the knowledge and skills required to contribute to their organisation’s achievement of ‘right first time’.
It is also suitable for other personnel who need to have a better understanding of the application of quality in construction.
Upon successful completion of the course, learners will have the capability to participate in the integration of quality to all stages of the Construction Project Lifecycle.
This is a 2-day course for Quality in Construction and a supporting Construction Project Quality Lifecycle and covers the following topics:
1. The importance of Quality in Construction
- Construction Project Life Cycle
- Management planning for construction projects against contractual requirements
- Information Management
- Project Quality Control
- Technical Assurance
- Managing Project Change
- Site Inspection & Surveillance
- Client liaison and handover
Recommended prior knowledge
A basic knowledge of the construction industry and an awareness of the role of quality is required.
Construction Project Lifecycle Diagram and Sample Inspection and Test Plan (provided by the ATP delivering this course).
This course includes a one-hour multiple-choice examination.
Further development for Quality Professionals
A pathway has been identified by the ConSig’s Competency Working Group. Quality Professionals can achieve a Practitioner Certificate in Construction Quality Management by successfully completing the ConSig’s preferred CQI and IRCA Certified Courses.
The Practitioner Certificate in Construction Quality Management is made up of the following six core courses and one optional course totalling 19-days which can lead to Chartered Membership of the CQI, dependent on evidence of experience:
- FD103 – Introduction to Risk Management (2-days)
- PT203 – Managing Management Systems (3-days)
- PT204 – Managing Change and Continual Improvement (3-days)
- PT205 – Managing Problem Solving (3-days)
- PT206 – Managing Supply Chains (3-days)
- PT210 – Quality in Construction (2-days)
Optional courses: choose one from the following:
- PT202 – Managing Process Performance (3-days)
- PT207 – Managing Customer Excellence (3-days)
- PT208 – Managing Quality Planning (3-days)
- PT209 – Managing and Influencing Stakeholders (3-days)
To ensure the required standard is achieved, all Practitioner level modules include a one-hour multiple choice examination.
Visit the ConSig website for a free to use resource providing you with information on quality and improvement in the construction industry.
Search our database of global Approved Training Partners to find this course in a location near you.